Tuesday, March 3, 2009

May 11 - 16th Annual Decatur Bulldog Golf Tournament


Attention All Golfers and Bulldog Supporters!
The 16th Annual Decatur Bulldog Golf Tournament is set for Monday, May 11th, 2009 at Mystery Valley Golf Course!!!

PLEASE JOIN US FOR A FUN DAY! IT'S FOR A GREAT CAUSE! Put it on your calendar. Plan now, no excuses!

If you had a foursome last year, please get them together again and get one more foursome. If you can do that we will have a record turnout. Let me know who you will be playing with this year!

Let me know the names of any friends that you know that play golf. Get your husband, wife, kids, friends, co-workers or classmates out here. Forward this message to them and I am happy to contact them too.
I know the economy is tough this year and the Athletic programs can surely use your help! A fun day like this is a good "attitude adjustment day" as I call it I know I can use that!
For anyone who has not played in this, it is a blast! It is a great way to get to know many other Decatur parents, students, coaches and players and see your old friends. Whatever year you graduated, get more of your friends from that class to participate. We will have a prize for the graduating class with the most players! If we get 5-10 more foursomes and a few more sponsors, we could raise a record amount of money. We need golfers, sponsors and volunteers!

The range opens at 10:00. Shotgun Start is at Noon. The prices are the same this year, no increases. Registration is $150 per person. Hole sponsorships are $200. We will have sack lunches, hole in ones prizes including NEW CARS, a barbecue after the round, plenty of beer and refreshments. This is the largest fundraiser for the Boosters all year.
Make checks payable to:
Decatur Bulldog Boosters
PO Box 3241Decatur, GA 30031
Go ahead and send in your check now so it is not as hectic at registration the day of the tournament!

Remember: the Boosters raise money if folks decide not to play at the last minute, which always happens! At least they make their needed contribution!! We want you to show up, believe me, but the student-athletes need your help as well!

Reply to me at
markewhatl@aol.com and let me know your plans! Feel free to call me at 770-673-2155 at work or my cell phone at 678-296-7984. I am happy to answer any questions.
Thanks and hit them straight!
Mark Whatley
DBABC Golf Tournament Chair

No comments: